Custom Search

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Why Staind should renamed themselves to Pathetic


You see the image above? That is the band Staind, obviously from the early days cause Aaron Lewis is fat and the band doesn't have that pathetic aura they have now. So my rambling today is why the band should just change it's name to Pathetic for it would be much more truthful than Staind. I'll go by the lead single of each album and see how they got more and more pathetic so let's begin.

Just Go - This is I think the first single of their major-label debut Dysfunctional. The lyrics are actually kinda manly as seen here:
This damage that you caused
My tortured faces
Those fucked up places
In my memories
None of them I've lost
So it's a song of you've done me wrong, now get away from me! Aaron Lewis isn't blaming himself yet and he knows that he doesn't have to suffer for his happiness. It would be a lesson he would soon forget.

It's Been a While - Yes that song. It was scientifically proven to be overplayed enough to kill it about 5 times. I didn't even know that zombies could come from zombie corpses but you can't argue with science. It also the start of Aaron Lewis's self-loathing and blaming himself, but at the time it was sensitive like here:
It's been a while
Since I could
Hold my head up high
And It's been a while
Since I First saw you
And It's been a while
Since I could stand
on my own two feet again
This is just him singing about his flaws, nothing wrong with that. Hopefully it won't be a career-altering decision.

So Far Away - Alright so after Break the Cycle sold so many copies due to It's Been A While massive success the next logical thing is too chase that pop success by sing about more of your flaws and/or being in a lovey-dovey relationship for 8 Shades of Grey. In So Far Away's case, it's the latter as seen here:
These are my words
That I’ve never said before
I think I’m doing okay
And this is the smile
That I’ve never shown before
So this is the other direction that Staind would go and eventually combine in to be so pathetic it would hurt like the next song.

Right Here - Yep, this is the turning point. The moment where Staind became jokes and jumped the shark. From here, there was no turning back. Also, I'm done with all these comments about Staind's career free-fall starting here at Chapter V. I'm just going to let these lyrics explain themselves:
But you always find a way
To keep me right here waiting
You always find the words to say
To keep me right here waiting
If you chose to walk away
I’d still be right here waiting
Searching for the things to say
To keep you right here waiting
It sounds very abusive and Aaron Lewis forget everything he learned in Just Go. This isn't even sensitive, it's just, get this, pathetic.

Believe - From thier latest album The Illusion of Progress, comes this tripe shit. Any manliness that Staind or Aaron Lewis come is now gone and it's been replaced with a combination of bitchass-ness and man-bitches. I mean look at these lyrics:
I sit alone and watch the clock
Trying to collect my thoughts
All I think about is you
And so I cry myself to sleep
And hope the devil I don't meet
In the Dreams that I live through
Crying himself to sleep? Horriblly simple rhymes? I don't even see much of an Illusion, this doesn't even pretend to not suck. Luckily, the album is failing at an alarming rate so maybe Staind will actually be manly again...or as manly as they can be now.

No comments:

Post a Comment