Custom Search

Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Midnight Write - Issue #3

As I slowly come upon two months being back in the state of Indiana, I cannot help but to reflect on myself as a person. The choices I have made that led me to where I am today. Not necessarily just in the last year, but over the last 24 years of my life.

I'm almost a quarter of a century old. I've witnessed the change of the way the world is connected almost overnight. How dramatically the media covers news, the lifestyles have comes and gone, and the effect of how children are affected by video games and prescription drugs.

I live in an age where there's so much going on yet I feel like I am missing it. Believe me, I could probably go my whole life without having to watch hours upon ours of Tiger Woods coverage, or Britney spears blowups, but personal thing I missed out on because I was depressed, or I was angry, or let down, I will never get back again.

I used to think the world was better off without my involvement. But now I think I've been out of it for too long, and for that, everything around me as wilted drastically. Coming back to Indiana has helped me gain perspective. It has helped me to realize those things that I have been holding onto are still doing it, and that I have only been running for what has been nearly two years.

But now it's time to stop and take control. I am too old to allow everything to chance. Sometime in all of our lives we have to, or should stop to evaluate ourselves, and not be afraid to make a change. I know I have done this many times with little success, but that was because I didn't have the experience to see clearly.

Growing older, growing wiser, I can see why people do value older people over those younger claiming to have experience. There's certain things you cannot learn in a book, or force yourself into. weathering life and it's trials is something you cannot experience, until it is experienced. I look back today as someone who's been through nearly a quarter century of life, and realizing how foolish I was for being so hard headed about so many things. I have to work hard to steer myself clear toward an objective. Wandering around aimlessly may work for some. But it does not work for me.

I choose to grab life by the reins. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment