Custom Search

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Midnight Write - Issue #1

Easy to say that my lay off in Cali was perhaps a wake up call to me that the world was not once what is was. I might have ranted before that too much planning had something to do with society today crumbling, or thinking it is crumbling. Yet now I find myself in the position to having meticulous plans for any possible path I may take from here on out. One cannot just go out into the world and hope to make it without great risk. Of course, great risk also begets great rewards, but as rocky as things are, is the risk greater than the potential reward?

Make no mistake, you can't make an omlette without breaking some eggs, and to be honest, I've been afraid of trying to make the omlette than breaking the eggs. In fact I've probably broken tons more eggs over the last few years than I have made omlettes. Fear, in my opinion, is the number one reason that people do not accomplish what they want to in life. Fear, in some form or fashion, plagues everyone, everyday. But it is up to us, sentient beings with free will, to push past the fear and continue on.

No one else outside of us, no matter who they are, can turn on the switch to make us to what we desire to do. It has to be a decision we make. You must summon the will for yourself and make that change. You can only be shown the door. And only you can walk through it.

Lately I've been confronted with the fears I have that I think might have led to my drawbacks in recent time. I do not like to admit that they are there, but they are, and I have to deal with and overcome.

As I slowly try to rebuild what's left of a world I had created for myself, I begin to wonder about the choices I have made. Were they the right ones? Was it a right time to make them? Perhaps I'll never have the true answer to these questions but all I can hope to do is learn from them and go forward.

Barriers are not meant to stop you. They are meant to be overcome, to prove yourself that you have the necessary drive to survive where you choose to graze.

No comments:

Post a Comment