Custom Search

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Review - Mortal Kombat Trailer

I've been reading the posts for either side of the argument for and against this "realistic" depiction of the Mortal Kombat universe. I was a fan of this franchise in its early years, not because of the game, but the vast number of characters and mysticism with ninjas and cool powers. Then once I got interested in the later games it seemed to just suck, whatever the magic of MK was seemed to be dying out.

Now we got this trailer here, which gives us, as far as we know, a more realistic approach, and by realistic, meaning the people are not demi-gods with crazy powers, and they have to work within the real world (again, basing this on what I seen in the trailer).

I personally find this refreshing, I'm all about trying new things with old characters (as long as it make sense) and although it is a little over the top, I enjoy it, and the trailer is well done. Some people, probably the hardcore fans, will be turned off by this depiction, but this seems to be one of the better things to come about the franchise in years.

Nothing is confirmed just yet other than this was a personal project by the Director of Fame, and is possibly going to shop this to Warner Bros (who currently own the rights to Mortal Kombat) to get a new film made.

I think they should roll with it. I'm one of the first to stay that I am not always a fan of remakes, but in Mortal Kombat's case, something needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment